If you want to buy the right sized shade for a base that you already have then follow these simple steps.
You will need:
*someone to help you.
*a piece of paper, a ruler, a pencil and a pair of scissors.
1. Simply cut out a piece of paper to the size of, for example, a medium drum, 15cm diameter by 15cm height.
2. Ask someone to hold the piece of paper over the base, lapping the fitting.
3. Stand back and see what you think!
4. Top heavy! The lamp will topple over too easily.
5. Too tall! The lamp will also topple over. This shade would suit a heavier base, eg a metal one, with a wider bottom.